Sunday, February 2, 2014

Meringue Cookies of My Own Invention!

It took some time, and a lot of testing, but I came upon the perfect touch to making these 
Meringue Cookies!
These cookies are delicious and melt right into your mouth!

1 cup of sugar
1/2 tsp cream of tarter
1 1/2 tsp almond extract
 drops of food coloring to your liking
4 egg whites at room temperature

1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees
2. Beat egg whites in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until frothy.  Add cream of tarter and beat until soft peaks form.  Increase speed to high.  Add sugar 1 Tbs at a time, beating until it is dissolved and stiff peaks form.  Beat in extract and food color until completely blended.  
3.  Drop by the teaspoons about 1 inch apart onto 2 large foil-lined baking sheets sprayed with baking spray.
4.  Bake both sheets of meringues at the same time for 45 minutes.  Turn oven off.  Let meringues stand in oven 1 hour or until cool.

*I put my batter into a piping bag and used various tips to make different fun shapes and sizes!
ENJOY!

Nobody Puts Mama In A Corner Blog has also posted about these as well, My Mama likes to show off my skills you could say, so if you want to see her post about my Meringue Cookies feel free to click here 

No comments:

Post a Comment